Sunday, April 26, 2015

On the Lord's Errand

Dear Relief Society Sisters--
Can you believe all this wonderful rain?!  What a blessing for our beautiful valley.  Isn't it a direct answer to our fasting and prayers last month?  Don't forget to fast in gratitude for the moisture received this coming Sunday.  Bishop has also asked that we fast for strengthening our ward family with strong families moving in and ward member being willing to be leaders.  Sis. Herbert taught a great lesson on fasting from Elder Eyring's talk, "Is Not this the Fast that I have Chosen?" where we were encouraged to let the principle of fasting be planted in our hearts, and increase our fast offerings.  He said,
"Your fast offering will do more than help feed and clothe bodies. It will heal and change hearts."

I came across this quote by Pres. Monson that I wanted to share:
Amid the storms of life, danger lurks. Men and women, boys and girls find themselves stranded and facing destruction. Who will guide the lifeboats, leaving behind the comforts of home and family, and go to the rescue?
Our task is not insurmountable. We are on the Lord’s errand; we are entitled to His help.” 
Sisters, I testify that you are on the Lord's errand as you visit teach, and I know he will help you become powerful visiting teachers if that is what you desire to become.  Thank you for your efforts.  I know it is not all about the numbers, but I was delighted to find that we more than doubled our efforts last month.  You are wonderful!  Keep it up!  I just love you!
-Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment