Sunday, October 9, 2016

"We Need Never Feel Lost or Alone"

Dear Sisters,
Wasn't General Conference beautiful?!  I always feel like maybe they had a special meeting before, and said something like, "There is this Lydia Stewart lady who lives in Ogden and could use some help on these topics.  Lets each address her needs.  Ok, ready, break..." :)  I needed all the great talks and there were several that I felt were specifically for me, so thanks for patiently sitting through them. ;)  If you missed Conference, you can still tune in on lds.org and rewatch or listen, and we will look forward to getting the next Ensign!

I noticed several of the talks mention prayer.  This is something I am personally going to focus on improving.  My Heavenly Father has been so patient with me and my half-hearted efforts lately, with a busy schedule.  He still does his best to inspire and direct me, but I know I have potential to be so much more in-tune if I would put more time and effort into speaking with my Father in Heaven.

"Prayer is a gift from God.  We need never feel lost or alone.  I testify that every moment of prayer can be holy time spent with the Father, in the name of the Son, by the Holy Ghost."
-Carol McConkie

I would encourage each of you to select a talk that resonated with you, and set a simple goal to improve on that principle.  We are so fortunate to be able to hear inspired leaders.  I think our Father in Heaven loves us very much.  I certainly sense His love for each of you!  I hope you feel it throughout this coming week!

Sincerely,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment