Monday, June 8, 2015

Cherish One Another

Sisters,
I'm sending love from Idaho.  I'm enjoying visiting with family, but you are in my thoughts and prayers.  I was sad to miss Kathy Hughes's lesson on Sunday, so I asked if she had a quote she would like to share, and this is what she sent me:
"We must cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another, and gain instruction, that we may all sit down in Heaven together." --Lucy Mack Smith
What a wonderful reminder of the special sisterhood we share in this great organization.  In Sis. Hinckley's words, "Oh how we need each other!"  We truly do!  This is why the visiting teaching organization was put in place-- we need to serve and love each other!  I have needed and felt your prayers lately and they have lifted me.  Thank you! 
Sincerely,
Lydia
PS-- I have been reading the Book of Mormon all week and it had given me great strength. Nephi's "I will go and do" attitude is good for me to read about. :)  I hope you are opening that great book EVERY EVERY DAY!!!  Take advantage of those blessings and take up our challenge to read it before Christmas this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment