Sunday, June 21, 2015

"Listen to the still, small voice"

Sisters!
Happy Father’s Day!  

Hope you spoiled all those great Dads out there.  Fathers are so special!  I love this Mormon Message that looks at Fatherhood from an eternal perspective. 

On a different note, are you seeking the companionship of the Holy Ghost in your life?  Are you receiving that precious gift you have been offered?  

We got some wonderful reminders in Relief Society today about how important it is to keep the spirit with us.  My favorite quote from this lesson was:

“The Holy Ghost causes our feelings to be more tender. We feel more charitable and compassionate with each other. We are more calm in our relationships. We have a greater capacity to love each other. People want to be around us because our very countenances radiate the influence of the Spirit. We are more godly in our character. As a result, we become increasingly more sensitive to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and thus able to comprehend spiritual things more clearly.” (Pres. Benson)

This probably stuck out to me because I haven’t been terribly “calm” in my relationships at home, but it hadn’t occurred to me that my behavior might be causing the spirit to withdraw. (I’m a little slow like that.)  And on the flip side, we are promised to feel more calming love for the people around us if we are seeking the spirit.  When we show love for our neighbors, we are keeping the Lord’s second great commandment to love our neighbors as ourselves.  I’m looking forward to an increase of the spirit’s influence in my life as I work on that this week.

Hope your week goes smoothly and that you know are loved and prayed for!
Sincerely,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment