Monday, August 10, 2015

Endure to the End

Dear Sisters-
I got lost in Family Search last night, and before I knew it, it was time for bed.  That “Spirit of Elijah” is real!

I have really enjoyed visiting with some of you during our visiting teaching interviews.  I am impressed with your strength and testimony.  You really are remarkable women.

We have had some heartache in our ward this last week, as we have hurt for sweet Kelsey Christensen, who lost her precious 2 month old Kimber to SIDS.  I am so impressed with Kelsey’s faith and perspective through this insurmountable trial.  It has caused me to pondering “endurance.”  
I have almost finished 2nd Nephi, and I latched on to the word “endure,” in this appropriate verse 2 Ne 31:20, that fits Kelsey so well:

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."

Sometimes we almost don’t know what to do when we come across bumps in our road, but it really is that simple.  That hope and focus on Christ is key!  Are you reading the Book of Mormon every day?  Remember our challenge to try to finish by Christmas—or atleast to read everyday.   I firmly believe that “feasting on the words of Christ” will actually allow us to “endure to the end.” 

Be faithful, sisters! We need to love each other, as that scripture suggest.  Open your arms to the sisters around you.  Thank you to those who are so willingly doing that, as you share meals and offer service and relief to some of these sisters who are struggling or hurting.  Reach out and press forward.  I love you and feel so grateful for you!

Sincerely,
Lydia

1 comment:

  1. "Press Forward Saints" is my favorite hymn for good reason. Sometimes, it is all we can do. Our prayers go out to Kelsey at this time. Remember Elder Eyrings great Women's Conference talk about the Comforter: "Joy comes after Sorrow."

    ReplyDelete