Sunday, November 15, 2015

This Life is the Time...

Dear Sisters-
I had such a neat opportunity to attend a Leadership Training Meeting yesterday, where I was taught by Elder Nelson's wife, and some other amazing women.  I had each of you on my mind, as I pondered how I could better serve you.  I thought it was interesting that much of what was said revolved around the temple and that we are in the last days.

Sis. Nelson encouraged us to think about what she referred to as our "pre-mortal commitments," and consider what we are busy doing.  She urged us to filter out the time-wasters.  We don't want to look back on this earth life thinking, "Oh, I was suppose to be doing that?"  If we are prayerful, I feel certain the Holy Ghost can direct us to the meaningful things we should be doing.


Alma 34 comes to mind:
 32 For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.
 33 And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed.
 34 Ye cannot say, when ye are brought to that awful crisis, that I will repent, that I will return to my God. Nay, ye cannot say this; for that same spirit which doth possess your bodies at the time that ye go out of this life, that same spirit will have power to possess your body in that eternal world.
We talked a lot about missionary work in our meetings today, I feel sure that there truly is a "hastening of the work" taking place right now.
I hope that we can all do our part to assist the Lord in building His Kingdom and preparing for His second coming.

Wishing you a wonderful week!
Sincerely,
Lydia

1 comment:

  1. Isn't Sister Nelson so vibrant and amazing? I have heard her speak, and she always inspires --- just like you, sweet Lydia!

    ReplyDelete