Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Service with a Smile

Dear Sisters,

Service has been on my mind lately.  My mother is a great example of tirelessly serving anyone in need… and even anyone not. J 


She is pretty special.  She just had a birthday, and this year, my siblings and I decided to serve with a smile the way she would that day and tell her about it.  I have discovered that finding opportunities to serve with this calling take little or no effort; however, from time to time, my heart is not in the right place. J That day, as predicted, the service opportunities came to me, but I was amazed at how much more enjoyable the experiences were when I adjusted my attitude.  I even felt the special gift of love that comes with charity.

Let’s not forget King Benjamin’s famous worlds:

“And behold I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God.”

I was also on the receiving end of special service this week, as well, as a sister shared her talents with me.  She was an answer to my prayers, and I was humbled to watch her be an instrument in the Lord’s hands to touch my life.  I felt the Lord’s love for me through her kind act.  (Pretty much, this happens daily—you sisters are so very loving and giving and special.  Your support humbles me and keeps me going.)

I urge each of you to reach out to your neighbor, friend, or Relief Society sister and offer service with a smile, so you can feel the Saviors love for them and for you.  Be a missionary.  Strengthen our Ward.  Contribute.  There is a place for you in our Relief Society.  We need you.  Don’t wait any longer to be active and happy in the gospel.  It will bring you peace and joy that you will find in no other place, because it is true and we are blessed with the fullness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know he loves each of you and is mindful of your path.  He calls with open arms to “come unto him.”  May we have ears to hear.

Sincerely,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment