Sunday, April 10, 2016

Too Blessed to be Stressed

Dear Sisters,
Between three family birthdays in a week, and an impromptu spring break road trip, I missed a week, but you have been in my thoughts and prayers.  Hope you are enjoying the beautiful spring blossoms popping up everywhere.

While I was traveling home yesterday, I got stuck, for quite a while, behind a rusty old potato truck with the words painted on the back “Too Blessed to be Stressed.”  I felt pretty sure that the universe was sending me a message.  
As I crawled along the freeway behind that rusty truck, I began reflecting on how good my life is and how truly blessed I am.  It is sad that sometimes I allow myself to get so stressed, that I forget my blessings.  Our Heavenly Father is so generous with us.  We would do well to remember it.

“We can lift ourselves and others as well when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude.”                         -Pres. Monson

I know there are many people in our ward going through some difficult challenges in life right now, and sometimes it’s easy to feel picked-on, but if we try to cultivate an attitude of gratitude for our blessings, I know the Lord with guide us along, and it will all be for our good.

“When we encounter challenges and problems in our lives, it is often difficult for us to focus on our blessings. However, if we reach deep enough and look hard enough, we will be able to feel and recognize just how much we have been given.”                 -Pres. Monson

 

I would urge each of us to “count our many blessings” and keep the commandments, because obedience opens the door to more of the blessings we are seeking.

“The knowledge which we seek, the answers for which we yearn, and the strength which we desire today to meet the challenges of a complex and changing world can be ours when we willingly obey the Lord’s commandments.”          -Pres. Monson

Hope you have a lovely, happy, "gratitude-filled" week and know you are one of my greatest blessings!

Sincerely,
Lydia

1 comment: