Monday, August 22, 2016

With the Help of the Lord

Dear Sisters,
I want to share a precious letter written by my Great-Great Grandpa, Edward Hunter Snow, that I found in the LDS Family Search records. (Which is such an incredible resource by the way!)  The document is a handwritten letter accepting his mission call in 1886.  


In case you can’t read his lovely penmanship, I’ll quote the part that really touched me,

“…though my health is poor, and my finances low, I will to the best of my ability, with the help of the Lord, fill the mission allotted to me honorably.”

I am strengthened by the powerful example of faith my ancestors possessed.  I love this humble response, and have read it over several times in the last week as I have approached new challenges and opportunities in my life.  I hope someday my children and grand-children will be inspired by my example of faith and willingness to serve.  I’m not there yet, but I’m grateful I can lean on the faith of my fathers while I strengthen my own.

As we approach challenges, change, or new opportunities to serve, I hope we can ponder Edward’s humble response, even admitting to our weaknesses, but trusting that “with the help of the Lord” we will be able to do all that is required.
Sincerely,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment