Monday, August 8, 2016

The Lord Cares, Act Now

Dear Sisters,
I just wanted to testify of how mindful the Lord is of each of us and how important it is to listen to and act on spiritual promptings.

I wanted to share an experience I had this last week.  I shared it in my testimony yesterday, so I’m sorry if you are hearing it twice. :)

Last week, I planned a fun day trip with the kids.  We were all ready to go, but the entire time I prepared, I felt a nagging feeling that something was wrong and we shouldn’t go, but I wasn’t sure why.  I knew the importance of being sensitive to those feelings, so I decided not to go, much to the disappointment of my kiddos.  We ended up running some errands around town, and while I was out and about, I noticed that the front tire seemed rather low.  After taking it into the shop, I discovered that it did indeed have a nail in it.  I was able to fix the problem with very little trouble.

I don’t know what might have happened if we had taken our trip, but I DO know that my Heavenly Father cares very much about me and the details of my life.  I know we are richly blessed as we heed spiritual promptings, and our ability to hear them in the future is increased, as we act of them.  We are so fortunate to have a spiritual guide through life, and we need to take advantage of this great gift and blessing.

“The gift of the Holy Ghost, if you consent, will guide and protect you and even correct your actions. It is a spiritual voice that comes into the mind as a thought or a feeling put into your heart. … It is not expected that you go through life without making mistakes, but you will not make a major mistake without first being warned by the promptings of the Spirit. This promise applies to all members of the Church.”
President Boyd K. Packer, President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, “Counsel to Youth,” Ensign, Nov. 2011, 17–18.

This week, try to be sensitive to the promptings of the spirit.  Be sure to act of them, and I promise you will be blessed.

Sincerely,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment