Sunday, March 19, 2017

A Tremendous Force for Good

Dear Sisters,
Happy Spring!  What a lovely week full of sunshine and springtime smells!  I hope you found a minute to get outside and soak it in!
I read a quote by President Hinckley that keeps running through my head from Marlene’s lesson today.  I felt some of you sisters need to hear it, in case you missed it.
“No one can calculate the tremendous force for good that you can become. … I charge you to stand tall and be strong in defense of those great virtues which have been the backbone of our social progress. When you are united, your power is limitless. You can accomplish anything you wish to accomplish. And oh, how very, very great is the need for you in a world of crumbling values where the adversary seems so very much to be in control.
I feel to invite women everywhere to rise to the great potential within you. I do not ask that you reach beyond your capacity. I hope you will not nag yourselves with thoughts of failure. I hope you will not try to set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. I hope you will simply do what you can do in the best way you know. If you do so, you will witness miracles come to pass.
You really are remarkable.  Remember that yours is “the errand of angels.”
“If you live up to your privileges, the angels cannot be restrained from being your associates.” (Joseph Smith)
The Lord loves you, you are of great worth to him. You make a difference!
I hope you have a wonderful week and remember your divine worth.
-Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment