Sunday, March 26, 2017

Fellowship One with Another

Dear Sisters,
Sometimes I'm amazed at the opposition we experience in the world.  In one moment, I can feel so happy as I walk out my front door and see and smell beautiful spring blossoms.  Then in the next moment, I can turn on the news and feel despair for all the sadness and corruption in the world.
This week, during our family scripture reading, I came across a couple scriptures that gave me comfort:

Helaman 6:2-3
For behold, there were many of the Nephites who had become hardened and impenitent and grossly wicked, insomuch that they did reject the word of God and all the preaching and prophesying which did come among them.
Nevertheless, the people of the church did have great joy because of the conversion of the Lamanites, yea, because of the church of God, which had been established among them. And they did fellowship one with another, and did rejoice one with another, and did have great joy.
I noticed in these verses, that many of the people had become very wicked, however, those who were in the church "fellowshipped" and strengthened each other and even amid the wickedness of the world, they were able to experience joy and rejoice.
The scriptures reminded me that we can also experience joy as we keep the commandments, and I loved the reminder to fellowship.  I think that is much of why we visit teach.  We share our friendship with sisters because we want to strengthen each other, lift one another's burdens, and spread joy.
I know there are terrible things going on in the world today, but don't be overcome with fear and despair.  Remember that we can be a joyful people because we have the fullness of the gospel.
Sincerely,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment