Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Be Not Entangled

Hello Sisters!
This last week, I took my kids to the river to play.  I joined them for a little bit, and then watched them along the river bank.  While I sat there, I noticed some huge spider webs spun between the tree trunks next to me.  

I must confess, I'm not very keen on spiders, but I was mesmerized as I watched a small ant that had fallen into the web.  He dangled from a strand for about one second.  The huge spider sat watching a waiting in it's lair, but he immediately rushed to it, snatched it, and took it right back into it's lair.

I'm not sure what the little ant was doing up in the tree near the web in the first place, but I was reminded of this experience as Sis. Herbert read Galatians 5:1 during the lesson on Obedience on Sunday.

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

"True freedom lies in obedience to the councils of God." (Proverbs 6:23)

I really believe that.  I think that Satan truly wants to drag us down.  We have to keep the commandments and watch ourselves.

3 Nehpi 18:18-20
Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, ye must watch and pray always lest ye enter into temptation; for Satan desireth to have you, that he may sift you as wheat. Therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name; And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.
Don't forget that nasty spider waiting in the wings.  Find freedom in obedience. Smile, and keep the Holy Ghost near you!

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Sincerely,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment