Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Contemplate the Works of Nature

Dear Sisters,
Check out this view!  


I'm not trying to brag. :)  I just wanted to share the beauty!
As I have been hiking around in the mountains this week, I have been reminded of how much our Heavenly Father loves us.  He has blessed us to be surrounded by such beauty and variety.  Take a moment this week to enjoy His creations. Even the small ones.

This was a cool moth I ran into on my way to somewhere and I just couldn’t get over every little detail.
I think as we pause throughout our day to express gratitude to the Lord for this beautiful earth, it must make his happy knowing that we enjoy His creations.
"I wish to contemplate the works of nature, and to know something of nature's God, and my destiny. I love to view the things around me; to gaze upon the sun, moon, and stars; to study the planetary system, and the world we inhabit; to behold their beauty, order, harmony, and the operations of existence around me. ... everything is beautifully harmonious, and perfectly adapted to the position it occupies in the world. Whether you look at birds, beasts, or the human system, you see something exquisitely beautiful and harmonious, and worthy of the contemplation there was a God, [even] if there was no such thing as religion in the world." (President John Taylor)
“Stop to smell the flowers.”  Hope you have a lovely week and find something in nature to enjoy!
Sincerely,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment