Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Confession and a Testimony

Dear Sisters,
I have a confession to make.  It’s been weighing on me…  So I issued a challenge last year to read the Book of Mormon, and it got so busy for me with the holidays and sick bugs etc., that I JUST now finished the Book of Mormon.  Shame on me for not practicing what I preach! :)  I know I’m a little late here, but I guess this is just real life. Be patient with me. ;) 

I just wanted to share my testimony of the Book of Mormon.  I LOVE that book!  I know it’s true!  I have prayed about its truthfulness when I have finished it before, but this time, I just knelt and wept with gratitude for that beautiful book.  I just told Heavenly Father that I know it’s true.  I feel it every time I open it. 

That last chapter is particularly beautiful- read it in you have a moment. (Moroni 10)  It covers everything from spiritual gifts to coming unto Christ.  Moroni really packed in the doctrine there, and he seems so real to me.  I can just picture this lonely man, compiling records, while observing the devastating destruction of his people who dwindled in wickedness and unbelief.  On the other hand, a spiritual giant, walking and talking with the Lord, and weighing every word he wrote, hoping it would mean something to us and change our hearts today. 

I have received such an outpouring of knowledge and guidance as I have read the Book of Mormon this last year.  I have found great comfort in “likening” the scriptures to my life.  I am so grateful for the prophets who took so much time to chisel and painstakingly record their prophesies, revelations, and histories that are amazingly applicable today.  They knew our time, and Heavenly Father knew that we would need that record and the second witness of the Savior in order to overcome the obstacles of these last days.  I am SO thankful for the peace, guidance, and direction the Book of Mormon has given to my life.  I have no doubt that it is true and good.  I continue to urge each of you to keep reading and studying the Book of Mormon.  It will bring light and truth to your life that you can't find in any other place!

Sincerely,
Lydia 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being "REAL" - you perfect progressing President! I have long ago decided that the Lord does not judge me for setting goals and sometimes falling short, but he measures my direction, and not the speed. I appreciate your heartfelt testimony here. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete