Sunday, November 6, 2016

Prayer is Essential

Dear Sisters,
I just love you!  I enjoyed hearing many of your testimonies today, and feeling your faith.  You are a powerful influence for good in the world.
Lately, I have struggling to find time to pray.  My life has felt chaotic and a bit overwhelming, but I am discovering that as I take little moments to slow down and talk to my Heavenly Father, I am able to receive the direction and focus I need to get through my day.  It helps me know the Lord knows me and understands what I'm going through.  
I testify that this is the case for each of you, as well.  The Lord knows you.  He understands how you feel and what you are dealing with, and he is anxious for your to turn to him, express your feelings of frustration, love, or gratitude, and he will give you comfort and direction.

"Prayer is essential to developing faith. When the Lord comes again, will He find a people who know how to pray in faith and who are prepared to receive salvation? “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” We are children of a loving Heavenly Father, and we may enjoy personal communion with Him when we pray “with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ” and then act in accordance with the answers we receive by the promptings of the Holy Ghost. In faith we pray, we listen, and we obey, that we might learn to become one with the Father and the Son. A prayer of faith opens the way to receive glorious heaven-sent blessings." 
-Carol F. McConkie
Make time in your day to pray and talk to the Lord so that you can receive those glorious blessings he has in store for you.  I hope you have a wonderful week.  I am praying for you!

Sincerely,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment