Sunday, November 27, 2016

He Hears Your Prayers

Dear Sisters,
I hope you had a wonderful time of Thanksgiving!  I hope you ate well and enjoyed good company, and I especially hope you will take a moment to count your blessings.  The Lord loves you and if you will take the time to notice, you will recognize his hand in your life.
I have felt the Lords hand in my life this last week.   We have had such a busy few months that have been pretty hard for me adjusting to work and such a full schedule.  Doug and I felt a little down this last week as we noticed some habits and behaviors slipping in our home and causing contention.  Finally, we got smart, and we knelt as a couple and poured our hearts out to the Lord.  We told him what our desires were for our family and humbly asked for his help to find our way through.  Gradually, my husband and I have felt more hopeful.  It is comforting to know that the Lord is part of our union.  We have had parenting ideas pop into our head, and we have felt gentle assurances that things will work out.
I share this personal experience to add to my testimony that the Lord loves and knows each of us.  I testify that he is mindful of our struggles and celebrating our successes.  He does not leave us comfortless.  I encourage each of you to seek the Lord.  Get on your knees and talk to Him.  I loved what Erin Hanamaikai said in her talk today.  She mentioned that the Bible Dictionary stated  that prayer to our Father in Heaven should be natural and innate.  Our spirits long to commune with our Father in Heaven.  If you are out of practice, remember that your heart know what you need to say.
Sisters, I feel a small portion of the love he has for each of you, and it is overpowering for me.  I wish I had a way to convey it, but I know as you turn to Him in prayer, the Holy Ghost can bless you to feel that love.  Please find some time this week, each day to ask Heavenly Father to show you that love.
I hope your week is wonderful.  Enjoy the beautiful snow and the shifting seasons.  I hope the pure white blanket reminds you of the purity and virtue of our Savior.

Be safe and warm,
Lydia 

No comments:

Post a Comment