Sunday, November 13, 2016

Spiritual Traction

Dear Sisters,
I got to have a good talk with my mom today.  Because moms are so nice and caring, I was doing a little bit of venting about everything that is on my plate right now, and how hard it has been.  My sweet, wise mother was encouraging and positive, and suggested that I watch this Mormon Message. 


I've seen it before, but I was grateful for the reminder from Elder Bednar, that the load is necessary and that we can carry our load with ease through the Savior.

"Sometimes we mistakenly may believe that happiness is the absence of a load. But bearing a load is a necessary and essential part of the plan of happiness. Because our individual load needs to generate spiritual traction, we should be careful to not haul around in our lives so many nice but unnecessary things that we are distracted and diverted from the things that truly matter most.
Each of us also carries a load. Our individual load is comprised of demands and opportunities, obligations and privileges, afflictions and blessings, and options and constraints. Two guiding questions can be helpful as we periodically and prayerfully assess our load: “Is the load I am carrying producing the spiritual traction that will enable me to press forward with faith in Christ on the strait and narrow path and avoid getting stuck? Is the load I am carrying creating sufficient spiritual traction so I ultimately can return home to Heavenly Father?”
As we are yoked with Him through sacred covenants and receive the enabling power of His Atonement in our lives (...) We will be blessed with spiritual traction."


I know each of us has a load to carry, and sometimes it can be difficult, but I testify that it can also be what keeps us going.  My great-grandma always used to say, "Be grateful for work.  Be so grateful you have a reason to get up in the morning."  I testify that through the atonement, our loads will be made light and we will be able to bear them with ease.

Sincerely,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment