Sunday, January 1, 2017

"Always Remember Him: Pray in Faith"

Dear Sisters!
Happy New Year!  I have a good feeling about 2017.  I think it's going to be a good one.  
As a Presidency, we have decided our Lorin Farr 4th Relief Society Theme for this year will be: "Always Remember Him: Pray in Faith"

I hope in your goal setting this New Year, you consider putting Christ at the center. 

According to Elder Christofferson, we should begin by "...stripping everything out of our lives and then putting it back together in priority order with the Savior at the Center.  We should first put in place things that make it possible to always remember him. ... Once we make adequate time and means for these matters in centering our lives in Christ, we can begin to add other responsibility and things of value, such as education and family responsibilities.  In this way the essential will not be crowded out of our lives by the merely good, and things of lesser value will take a lower priory or fall away altogether."

This is my personal goal this year.  I think I have given far too much weight to "things of lesser value" on my priority list.  I'm looking forward to setting things straight and seeing the blessings that come into my life as I put Christ at the center.

"When we always remember the Savior, we can 'cheerfully do all things that lie in our power,' confident that His power and love for us will see us through."

I love that word "cheerfully" in there.  We need to be faithful and happy about doing the Lord's work.  The gospel really is the "good news."  It's something to celebrate!

 I'm so grateful for each of you beautiful sisters and the blessing you are in my life.  You are special and unique and I know that Lord loves you!  I hope you have a wonderful week!
Sincerely,
Lydia 

No comments:

Post a Comment