Sunday, September 3, 2017

Orbits to Illuminate

Dear Sisters,
I hope you are all doing well!  I love and pray for each of you, and hope you are finding joy in your journey.  It was so neat to hear Sis. Sheri Dew speak last week at the tabernacle.
She quoted Elder Neil A. Maxwell, who said:

"Brothers and sisters, by divine appointment, “these are [our] days” (Hel. 7:9), since “all things must come to pass in their time” (D&C 64:32). Moreover, though we live in a failing world, we have not been sent here to fail.
Recall the new star that announced the birth at Bethlehem? It was in its precise orbit long before it so shone. 
​We are likewise placed in human orbits to illuminate. Divine correlation functions not only in the cosmos but on this planet, too."
Doesn't that just seem like such a perfect quote to ponder after that amazing eclipse?  

Sheri Dew talked about "expanding our orbit of influence to illuminate."  I have been pondering on that thought this last week.  I think there are many of you sisters who underestimate your influence and the light that you share.  You are a powerful source for good on this earth.  You make a difference.  You are here for a reason.  Allow yourself to be an instrument in the Lord's hand.
You probably don't even realize how many people you are touching.  This last week, my husband and I were talking about Jr. Shupe, who passed away.  I mentioned him to my husband as "Bro. Shupe" and my daughter piped in and said, "Oh, you mean Jr.?"  I was surprised to find that even she knew him because he had come and helped with girls camp.  Our lives are such a ripple, effecting so many.  Make a positive impact on those around you.
Expand your obit of influence this week.
Sincerely, 
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment