Sunday, July 26, 2015

Firm in Our Faith

Dear Sisters,
What a fun week of celebrating our wonderful pioneer ancestors.  I love that we do that around here! (Even though the fireworks keep my kids up all night.)  Maybe it's silly, but I got teary during the parade, as I watched a young mother dressed in pioneer clothes, carrying a sleeping baby in her arms.  


That image has stuck with me, as I have reflected on my blessings and wonderful heritage!  Those pioneers sacrificed so much for us to enjoy the comforts we do today.  I stumbled onto a powerful talk by Elder Faust given 15 years ago, where he mentions the rapid technological advancements that have been made in recent years, but with that, he said,

"Now comes the challenge to prevent the scientific, technical, and intellectual from stifling the spiritual enlightenment in our lives. As someone once said, “The greatest of undeveloped resources [in our country] is faith; the greatest of unused power is prayer.”  Technology may help us communicate with each other and the world, but not with God.
I wish to sound a voice of warning to this people. I solemnly declare that this spiritual kingdom of faith will move forward with or without each of us individually. No unhallowed hand can stay the growth of the Church nor prevent fulfillment of its mission. Any of us can be left behind, drawn away by the seductive voices of secularism and materialism."

Sisters, I testify the Kingdom of God is rolling forward.  Heavenly Father is at the helm and directs this work through a living prophet.  I hope you heed that "voice of warning" and make sure you are on board, and not getting caught in Satan's snares.  Put down your phone, and develop your faith! 
As Elder Faust said, 
"Never before in the history of the world has the need for faith in God been greater."

I testify this is true!  Open the scriptures, attend your meetings, talk to your bishop, turn to God in prayer and do what you know will strengthen that faith.  Be an active part of this great work!
I love you sisters!  I have great faith in each of you and your ability to participate in the gospel.

Sincerely,
Lydia

1 comment: