Tuesday, May 17, 2016

"And He Has SENT Me Here"

Dear Sisters,

The primary songs have always been a favorite in our home.  I have often used them to help teach my children gospel principles.  Once, when my Autumn was a toddler, she was singing the familiar, “I am a child of God,” only I was surprised when I heard her continue with, 
“…and he has left me here.”  J 

Sometimes it might feel a little bit like we’ve been abandoned and left to our own devices, but I testify that is not the case.  We have a loving Father that has blessed us with a road map (The Plan of Salvation), an instruction manual (The Scriptures/The Book of Mormon/Living Prophet and Apostles), and even a tour guide (The Spirit or Holy Ghost).  We are not alone on this journey through life, and we have been set up for success if we chose to use these tools.

I especially appreciated Sis. Pare’s lesson on Sunday about the Scriptures.  I have found so many answers to my prayers while studying my scriptures.  I have found that it is the Lord’s language—how he speaks to me.  Thoughts and impressions come when I am reading, or verses jump out to me that are just what I need to hear.  The Lord wants to communicate with his children, and I think you will find that as you open your scriptures, your relationship with your Father in Heaven will flourish.

Make time for the scriptures!  I say that to myself too, because I have struggled a little bit with this lately.  I couldn’t figure out why I was feeling a bit uninspired, and when I read this in the lesson, it hit me that my study has not been a very high priority lately.

“To understand the scriptures requires concentrated, consistent, prayerful study. We urge each of you to carefully consider how much time you are currently giving to prayerful pondering of the scriptures.”
Yep, I could improve.

I recently read a sign that said, “I’m so busy that I don’t know whether I’ve found a rope, or lost my horse.”  J  Made me smile, but I do hope we are not to that point.  Make sure you make studying and pondering the scriptures a priory.  I have been richly blessed already as I have tried to set my priorities straight.

“Time for scripture study requires a schedule that will be honored. Otherwise, blessings that matter most will be at the mercy of things that matter least.

(Elder Russell M. Nelson)


I testify that as you make time for scriptures study and use the tools that the Lord has blessed you with in this life, you will use your agency more wisely, and you will find answers and great guidance along your path.

I hope you find joy in your journey this week.  I am praying for you!

Sincerely,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment